Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2018, 08:00:54 pm
Home Help Login Register
News: DATW - radio contest codes and conversation about anything forum! Discover the world from Vancouver and beyond!

DATW Forum  |  DISCOVER ALL THE WORLD  |  discover forum (Moderator: DATWMOD)  |  Topic: Walk Down Memory Lane « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walk Down Memory Lane  (Read 4700 times)
J in edmonton

« on: April 10, 2018, 05:11:17 am »

Okay I may slowly be developing Alzheimer's, but there are a few things I do remember from the good Old Days....

Anyone else remember these Candy Bars?

Danish was super sweet...Wafers covered with White Chocolate?

fuzzbrain
Cosmic

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:15:08 am »

I remember the Cuban Lunch, if I remember correctly, a slab of milk chocolate completely loaded with peanuts.

and actually now that I look again I remember that Danish bar too, seeing it almost brings the flavor back to my tongue memory, super sweet like you said, and at a time that white chocolate was kind of rare, they were yummy.

remember those Wig Wag bars, that had a kind of twisted appearance with holes in them? super chewy?
J in edmonton

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:11:54 am »

I do...and I think they still make them?  How about MoJo's...I haven't seen them in a while...Although I don't hang out at candy stores anymore to know.

There's a store in Banff?  that has old time candies & a place in Palm Springs the wife & I went to last year, that has alot of old fashioned candies.

Like that Pink Elephant popcorn stuff.
J in edmonton

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:05:48 pm »

Do they still make Cigarette candy/gum like Popeye's.  I remeber blowing on it & powdered sugar came out like smoke.
GuardianFlash
Cosmic

I do not fear the future.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 06:16:55 pm »

The original sticks. The three original flavours. Good ole early 90's childhood. Can't have them anymore because there's aspartame in em now.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 06:19:08 pm by GuardianFlash » Logged
fuzzbrain
Cosmic

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 07:07:49 pm »

all gum seems to be ruined now, or most of them, you go to the grocery store and every single one of them has artificial sweeteners in them, even the ones that do have sugar add some aspartame or another for some reason

I refuse to buy them too, just give me good old, healthy, natural, time tested sugar (and not the crappy glucose fructose they are putting in everything like pop too,  Coke or Root Beer with real sugar is way better than the crappy glucose-fructose pops that they have now)

fuzzbrain
Cosmic

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 09:56:47 pm »

Do they still make Cigarette candy/gum like Popeye's.  I remeber blowing on it & powdered sugar came out like smoke.

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow those are illegal now, lots of stuff we took for granted when we were kids would cause extreme outrage nowadays if they were around.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
DATW Forum  |  DISCOVER ALL THE WORLD  |  discover forum (Moderator: DATWMOD)  |  Topic: Walk Down Memory Lane « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length