Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 12:25:41 am
Home Help Login Register
News: DATW - radio contest codes and conversation about anything forum! Discover the world from Vancouver and beyond!

DATW Forum  |  DISCOVER ALL THE WORLD  |  discover forum (Moderator: DATWMOD)  |  Topic: Cloverdale based HandyDart is HIRING Casual staff NOW! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cloverdale based HandyDart is HIRING Casual staff NOW!  (Read 17915 times)
Superchecker
Cosmic

« on: April 28, 2012, 04:32:43 am »

http://mvtcanada.com/careers/index.htm is the link for the Cloverdale based contractor of the regions HandyDart services...

They currently need "Multiple" CASUAL DRIVERS- NORTH ROAD REGION, & CASUAL CALL CENTRE REPS- CLOVERDALE...

GOOD LUCK IF INTERESTED!
fuzzbrain
Cosmic

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 07:35:35 pm »

at first glance I thought that said jobs for MTV Canada  Grin
yorkcountykid
Ethereal

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 08:56:19 pm »

this place has died since ojisan and i used to play word games. i blame the female boss who suspended me for no reason. i'm sure she muzzled other regulars too! the power  of banning should not be given lightly. it is because of my suspension (temporary banning) here that i never came back as a regular. it was unfounded and i'm sure most of you know what i mean in some capacity. this forum could have rivalled the best had not spurned people had the helm.
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:54:42 am »

Just noticing a NEW posting for MULTIPLE CASAUL DRIVERS for their North Vancouver service area!

www.mvtcanada.com/careers/index.htm
GuardianFlash
Cosmic

I do not fear the future.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 08:08:57 pm »

Just noticing a NEW posting for MULTIPLE CASAUL DRIVERS for their North Vancouver service area!

www.mvtcanada.com/careers/index.htm
Perhaps you can bump this so I can apply in 3 years. 3 more years until I can go for the class 5 road test. Then I'll go for the class 4.
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 02:54:08 am »

Why 3 more years? I don't know the rules around the graduated licensing, but can't you get it any sooner???

If you take a driving course, I think you can try for the class 5 quicker/sooner?

I wish my 20 year old nephew would at least get his "N"! He got his "L", but really only so that he'd have photo ID...
He doesn't drive, doesn't practise, has no ambition to drive...

There are soo many jobs out there that require a class 5 license... Even to empty fareboxes at Transit requires a license. (Why, I don't know)
GuardianFlash
Cosmic

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 08:44:30 pm »

After you have the N, you have to wait 5 years before going for the class 5 road test. Still a long time for me.
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 02:33:16 am »

After you have the N, you have to wait 5 years before going for the class 5 road test. Still a long time for me.

That is NOT an accurate statement....

"The novice (N) licence stage:

You will be eligible to take the second Class 5 road Test to exit the Graduated Licensing Program after 24 months of prohibition free driving in the Novice (N) licence stage. Once you past that second test, you will graduate to your full privilege driver's licence..."

Want to REDUCE your novice (N) stage by 6 months?

You can reduce your novice (N) licence stage by six months by taking an ICBC- approved driver training course! The approved course MUST be taken while you are still in the learner's (L) stage of the GLP program, and you must - be violation free, and have NO at fault crashes in order to keep your six month reduction...

www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/graduted-licensing

So, if I read this correctly, from the time you apply for your L, it is possible to get your regular class 5 licence in as little as 2.5 years. 1 year with an L, take the ICBC approved driver training course, be a good driver, and then only have an N for 18 months!

Otherwise, you can try for the 2nd class 5 test after just 24 months of being an N driver...
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 02:39:39 am »

On another note: One is required to have an UNRESTRICTED CLASS 4 to be a HandyDart driver...

Over at Coast Mountain Bus, when they are hiring that is, one is required to have a a clean class 5 licence and the Air Brakes learners endorsement, and then CMBC trains you for the class 2 with air licence...
GuardianFlash
Cosmic

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:30 pm »

Hmm, that's weird. Maybe they changed the rules recently? I could have swore I read something about 5 years back in 2010. Hmm, maybe I should go for the class 5 road test then. Maybe I'll drop by their centre tomorrow and ask.
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:54:35 pm »

Good Luck GF! We'll have you driving one of the smaller Community Shuttle type buses in no time!

$17.57 an hour in training, and then $18.69 to 23.36 an hour there after!
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 03:23:44 am »

http://mvtcanada.com/careers/index.htm is the link for the Cloverdale based contractor of the regions HandyDart services...

They currently need "Multiple" CASUAL CALL CENTRE REPS- CLOVERDALE...

GOOD LUCK IF INTERESTED!

**NEW POSTING*** they are currently looking to hire 4 more CASUAL CALL CENTRE STAFF!
charlieliberal

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 11:23:44 pm »

what is a typical wage for call center work?
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 02:39:04 am »

what is a typical wage for call center work?
Well, Coast Mountain Bus starts theirs off at $20.91 an hr... I'd assume something similar for MVT Canadian Bus, as their staff are unionized too...
charlieliberal

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 09:10:12 pm »

Well, Coast Mountain Bus starts theirs off at $20.91 an hr... I'd assume something similar for MVT Canadian Bus, as their staff are unionized too...

I noticed in their ad that they require 1 year of call experience, but how does someone get that first year of experience?
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 06:49:41 am »

They currently need "Multiple" CASUAL DRIVERS- NORTH ROAD REGION, & CASUAL CALL CENTRE REPS- CLOVERDALE...

GOOD LUCK IF INTERESTED!

They have just posted for CASUAL DRIVERS- VANCOUVER service area... Apply before Feb 15!
Monte Carlo

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:03 pm »

Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2013, 02:23:44 pm »

They currently need 2- CASUAL CALL CENTRE REPS- CLOVERDALE...

GOOD LUCK IF INTERESTED!

They are in need of 2 more CASUAL CALL CENTRE staff... http://mvtcanada.com/careers/Casual_Call_Centre.htm
derekjay

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »

Pays $24.41 / hr
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »

BREAKING NEWS! IT'S BEEN A WHILE, BUT HANDYDART IS HIRING AGAIN!

http://mvtcanada.com/careers/index.htm

New posting up today for CASUAL DRIVERS!

The company is based out in Cloverdale, but has multiple work sites in the region...
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 03:10:57 pm »

BREAKING NEWS! IT'S BEEN A WHILE, BUT HANDYDART IS HIRING AGAIN!

http://mvtcanada.com/careers/index.htm

New posting up today for CASUAL DRIVERS!

The company is based out in Cloverdale, but has multiple work sites in the region...

They just added another posting: CASUAL CALL CENTRE STAFF as well!
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55:01 am »

The 2 west coast job postings have now ended... Stay tuned...

Still rougly 50 job postings (combined) over at TransLink, Coast Mountain Bus, BCRTC-SkyTrain, Aircare, and West Vancouver Blue Bus...

Another great website to keep an eye on: www.civicinfo.bc.ca/16.asp changes daily!
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2014, 04:37:36 am »

They are in need of CASUAL CALL CENTRE REP'S again....

Google MVT Canadian Bus OR find a link to HandyDART on the Careers Page over at www.translink.ca/
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 04:56:58 am »

They currently need "Multiple" CASUAL DRIVERS- VANCOUVER & NORTH ROAD REGION

GOOD LUCK IF INTERESTED!

ACT FAST! New posting up now thru Oct 24!
Superchecker
Cosmic

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 06:19:19 pm »

Cloverdale based MVT Canadian Bus is once again in need of CASUAL PARA TRANSIT- HANDYDART DRIVERS!

www.mvtcanadabus.com OR www.translink.ca/drive and THEN click onto the HandyDART link- bottom right hand corner of the page...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
DATW Forum  |  DISCOVER ALL THE WORLD  |  discover forum (Moderator: DATWMOD)  |  Topic: Cloverdale based HandyDart is HIRING Casual staff NOW! « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length