Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2018, 12:57:08 am
Home Help Login Register
News: DATW - radio contest codes and conversation about anything forum! Discover the world from Vancouver and beyond!

DATW Forum  |  DISCOVER ALL THE WORLD  |  discover forum (Moderator: DATWMOD)  |  Topic: I always wanted to be a.. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I always wanted to be a..  (Read 2583 times)
Sonny

« on: November 23, 2010, 07:41:17 pm »

Lumberjack...

fuzzbrain
Cosmic

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 08:45:51 pm »

a lot of Monty Python goes right by me

an example is the Eric The Half Bee skit, it is hugely popular, yet I am still after all these years trying to figure out why
Sonny

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 09:02:38 pm »

a lot of Monty Python goes right by me

an example is the Eric The Half Bee skit, it is hugely popular, yet I am still after all these years trying to figure out why

That's the problem...don't try to figure it out..

Just go with it.. Smiley

Sonny

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 09:18:56 pm »

This one always makes me say..WTF...but it;s a gooder..lol Grin

Dave
Cosmic

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 11:48:54 am »

IMO understanding British humour is key to following Monty Python and all other Brit comedies for that matter. They are masters of the double entendre and everything else is just likeable silliness (IE: Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, The Two Ronnies, etc) that never translates well into your typical American sitcom.
Sonny

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 06:10:38 pm »

IMO understanding British humour is key to following Monty Python and all other Brit comedies for that matter. They are masters of the double entendre and everything else is just likeable silliness (IE: Fawlty Towers, Are You Being Served, The Two Ronnies, etc) that never translates well into your typical American sitcom.

I used to love the Benny Hill show,that was some good stuff they had going on..lol Grin
Dave
Cosmic

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:12:59 am »

Benny Hill was a riot for sure but the straitfaced humour of The Two Ronnies always cracked me up. Still does. Are You Being Served is a perennial favourite and the episodes have been shown so many times that I get a kick out of anticipating the punchlines that we fans have heard so many times. Sad to know that Wendy Richards is no longer with us as of a few years ago. I always thought she was a real cutey on the show.
charlieliberal

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 12:48:46 pm »

the thing I remember about Benny Hill was the long crazy chase scene at the end of every show, usually with some pretty girls
Ojisan
Ethereal

Unreconstructed hippy

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 11:07:29 am »

I always wanted to be a philanthropist
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
DATW Forum  |  DISCOVER ALL THE WORLD  |  discover forum (Moderator: DATWMOD)  |  Topic: I always wanted to be a.. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length